Comply Guy is branching out, and now our services have extended to include testing for fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets to NZS 4501:2005. It may not be at the top of your to-do list, but you should always be prepared for the worst. Being proactive and taking the time to get your fire safety gear tested may save your life later on.
While our qualified testers are on site they can check the safety of your fire equipment, and, if need be replace used or damaged equipment. The Comply Guy system captures all forms of valuable data, including the location, correct placement and extinguisher type for area, time and date of inspection, details of the equipment tested and of course, the test results itself. We also photograph faulty appliances for verification and for corrective records, before helping you replace with new equipment.
Fire safety is highly important, so it’s critical you get an experienced professional to test your fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. We know Kiwis are generally pretty blasé about fire safety, but the reality is no joke.
Although we operate with businesses schools and Government departments, here are some residential fire statistics to get you thinking.
- In New Zealand, there is an average of 6491 residential fires every week. That’s more than 120 every week.
- In a standard house, fires occur mostly in the kitchen, followed by the lounge, and then the bedroom.
- Fires mostly occur on a Saturday.
- 5-6PM is the time period when fires are most common.
- If we examine residential fires per region, the North Island from Auckland up has the highest percentage, at 28%. The North Island from Auckland down has 19% of all residential fires, the lower North Island has 26%, the upper South Island has 17% and the lower South Island has 10%.
It’s always better to be prepared, so contact Comply Guy to get your fire extinguisher, fire hose reel and blankets tested. Our tag and test experts comply with the NZ standard of safety and are fully qualified. We have team members located up and down New Zealand, so you can easily find one in your area.
For any queries, fill out our contact form and one of our team members will get back to you shortly.