We supply and install a range of EV chargers and EV charging stations, including all required electrical wiring between the switchboard and charger…
Portable 3-pin EV charging cables
- These plug into a standard household power outlet and usually come with your EV when you buy it.
- They should charge your EV in 8-12 hours and suit electric vehicles that are not driven much during the day.
- Some cars come with a larger caravan-like plug to charge your EV faster. These require one of our electricians to install a compatible power point in your garage.
- N.B. You should not use extension cables or adaptors.
Wall-mounted EV charging stations
- A dedicated wall-mounted charging station is the next step up.
- They are in demand because they charge your EV much faster than a portable 3-pin charging cable.
- Wall-mounted charging stations use a standard wall-plug.
- However, they draw more current than most appliances in your house. You must therefore get one of our electricians to install a dedicated circuit between the switchboard and charger that is rated to handle this extra load.
- One advantage is that your EV charging station will have its own fuse, which means faults anywhere else in the house won’t affect the charger – and vice-versa.
- A range of charging stations are available. The higher-end ones even have smartphone compatibility.
To enquire about EV charging stations, phone now…