Test and Tag NZ Services | COMPLY GUY
We’ll happily customise our test and tag NZ service to your requirements. Options for testing range from basic test & tag to these comprehensive services…
What we do…
- Inspect: We inspect electrical appliances for safety, unsafe deterioration, damage (sharp edges, controls missing), etc.
- Test: We undertake electrical testing of appliances for fire and electrical safety to the NZS 3760 standard.
- Tag: We tag compliant appliances with an appropriate tag for the environment (medium or heavy-duty tags) to confirm the appliance has been tested to the NZS 3760 standard.
- Fail: We tag any non-compliant appliances that fail our testing with a ‘DANGER’ tag for your safety, and refer them to you for repair or replacement.
- Report: We provide a report listing the number of appliances tested and the number failed, complete with recommendations.
- Certify: We provide a certificate to say the site has been tested to the standard. This can be used as part of your OSH compliance.
- Asset Register: We prepare an asset register if you require one.
- Retain: We protect you by retaining back-up copies of all reports for 7 years.
- Remind: We provide a free reminder service to let you know when your appliances are due for re-testing (as per NZS 3760).
Reports and Certificate
We provide you with an updated on-site report at every visit including…
- The number of appliances tested and the number failed.
- The location of each failed appliance, an explanation of the fault, and a recommendation.
- Each of our tags contains a unique number for auditing the number of appliances tested.
- A wall Certificate for audit purposes showing that your appliances have being tested, including a notice for your staff containing electrical safety information – as part of your OSH obligations.
Comply Guy test and tag NZ info by industry sector…
We are skilled at preparing asset registers and regularly provide this optional extra as part of our test and tag NZ services. Simply advise us if you require one.
Note for builders and all sub-trades
Important new construction site electrical safety requirements. Revision of AS/NZS 3012:2003 is underway and will affect all construction and demolition sites. Talk to us for up-to-date compliance advice.
You’d be surprised at the number of fires caused annually by electric blankets (source NZ Fire service).
Fire and electric shock from defective electric blankets is especially a risk where they get higher wear and tear, e.g. hotels and motels.
We specialise in electric blanket test and tag NZ for hotels and motels with our on-site inspection and electrical testing of 6 key areas that are known to cause fires using our unique electrode testing system.
We recommend you…
- Have electric blankets professionally tested and tagged annually to reduce the risk for you and your guests. (Preferably by Comply Guy, the test and tag NZ experts!)
- Replace electric blankets every five years.
- Use switchboard or portable RCD protection on all appliances.