Comply Guy are THE electrical test and tag NZ experts. Test & tag, PAT tests, appliance testing, electrical testing & more…
We take compliance concerns off your worry list!
We do that by making sure you comply with the latest electrical and OHS regulations. We use the latest technology and equipment to efficiently do appliance testing without risk of damage or loss of data from computers and IT equipment.
All companies in New Zealand are responsible under Health & Safety and Electrical legislation for ensuring all electrical appliances are maintained and periodically tested for electrical safety, and…
We are the super-efficient test and tag NZ specialists!
We believe we are the best at what we do, and we offer a national appliance testing service.
Download our free Little Test & Tag Fact Book »
Comply Guy – keeping everyone happy!
Yes, it’s gotta be done – so it’s our job to make things as effortless and pain-free as possible for you. Which means tailoring our service to meet your needs, quietly getting on with things so you hardly know we’re there, and being cost-effective too.
Our trained test and tag NZ technicians will give you…
- Fast, economic appliance testing and tagging, at a time that suits you. See our Test and Tag Services section below.
- A report and a wall certificate for OHS compliance and safety information for your staff.
- An asset list or full database option.
- A reminder when your appliances are due for their next test and tag inspections to keep you OHS compliant.
- Peace of mind that your business, staff and customers are safe.
Comply Guy’s 100% cast-iron guarantee…
- We guarantee satisfaction or we’ll put things right – free of charge.
- We’ll provide you with good, honest service, do a “proper job” without cutting corners, and do our best to be as non-invasive and user-friendly as possible!
- We’ll happily customise our service to meet the individual needs of your organisation.
- We’ll remind you when your appliances are due for their next test and tag so you don’t have to worry about trying to remember retesting schedules.
To book a test & tag appliance testing service for your workplace, contact Comply Guy today!
What is appliance testing to the latest NZS 3760 Standard?
To test and tag plug-in appliances (e.g. computers, heaters, leads, fans, tools, etc) for safety from electric shock and fire. This gives you peace of mind and compliance with the latest electrical and OHS regulations.
Why is this important?
Many dangerous, hidden faults can only be discovered by specific electrical inspections and tests. There is no way to know that any electrical appliance is safe without electrical testing.
What if we don’t test and tag?
Comply Guy says, “Don’t go there!”
- An accident with an untested/unsafe appliance could result in a personal and business OHS prosecution.
- The unwanted negative publicity would broadcast to the world – not to mention your staff, clients and competitors – that your business failed to comply with basic safety requirements.
- And your fire insurance claim could be denied if you are deemed not to have taken reasonable care to prevent loss.
7 compelling reasons to choose Comply Guy…
- Speed and value-for-money. We’re very quick and competitively priced compared to all other testing companies, and especially compared to general electricians. That’s because we are specialists with incredible depth of experience in testing and tagging, which is our core expertise. And we have efficient systems and procedures, specialist testing equipment, and specialist training programs. Hence our claim to be THE test and tag NZ specialists.
- Impeccable service levels. All our staff are super-friendly and have great customer service skills to ensure we work seamlessly through your workplace without upsetting anyone or anything. We do our best to be as non-invasive and user-friendly as possible!
- Independent audit. You get an independent audit compared to using your own electrician.
- Specialists. Electricians generally don’t work out economically. They typically work on an hourly rate which can be expensive because, since they don’t specialise in this area or have our systems and high-speed testing equipment, they invariably take longer. Sparkies don’t do what we do on a daily basis. It’s just not their core competency to audit. And as for reminders? Forget it, it won’t happen!
- Free reminder service. We’ll remind you when your appliances are due for their next test and tag so you don’t have to worry about trying to remember retesting schedules.
- 100% rock-solid guarantee. If you’re not satisfied for any reason at all, we’ll put things right – free of charge. And if you buy a new appliance between now and your next test, we’ll test it free of charge when we’re next in the area.
Test and Tag NZ Services
We’ll happily customise our test and tag NZ service to your requirements. Options for testing range from basic test & tag to these comprehensive services…
What we do…
- Inspect: We inspect electrical appliances for safety, unsafe deterioration, damage (sharp edges, controls missing), etc.
- Test: We undertake electrical testing of appliances for fire and electrical safety to the NZS 3760 standard.
- Tag: We tag compliant appliances with an appropriate tag for the environment (medium or heavy-duty tags) to confirm the appliance has been tested to the NZS 3760 standard.
- Fail: We tag any non-compliant appliances that fail our testing with a ‘DANGER’ tag for your safety, and refer them to you for repair or replacement.
- Report: We provide a report listing the number of appliances tested and the number failed, complete with recommendations.
- Certify: We provide a certificate to say the site has been tested to the standard. This can be used as part of your OSH compliance.
- Asset List: We prepare an asset list or full database option if required.
- Retain: We protect you by retaining back-up copies of all reports for 7 years.
- Remind: We provide a free reminder service to let you know when your appliances are due for re-testing (as per NZS 3760).
Give us a call to book your next test & tag service…
Reports and Certificate
We provide you with an updated on-site report at every visit including…
- The number of appliances tested and the number failed.
- The location of each failed appliance, an explanation of the fault, and a recommendation.
- Each of our tags contains a unique number for auditing the number of appliances tested.
- A wall Certificate for audit purposes showing that your appliances have being tested, including a notice for your staff containing electrical safety information – as part of your OSH obligations.
We are skilled at preparing asset lists or database option.
Give us a call to find out more about our test & tag service…
Test and tag means verified safety from fire and electric shock when using electric appliances in the workplace. Learn more, and why it’s important…
Q. What is testing and tagging?
To test and tag plug-in appliances (e.g. computers, heaters, leads, fans, tools, etc) for safety from electric shock and fire. This gives you peace of mind and compliance with electrical and OSH regulations.
Q. Why test and tag?
Many faults are not visible and can only be discovered by testing with specialised equipment. There is no way to know for sure that an appliance is safe without such electrical testing by a qualified technician.
Testing and tagging to verify the electrical safety of your appliances to NZS 3760 by Comply Guy means…
- Verified protection against fire and electric shock when using electric appliances in the workplace.
- A demonstration to OSH that you have taken “practicable steps” to ensure electrical safety. See Electrical Testing Legislation page.
- You have a defence against personal prosecution in the event of an accident and injury to people in the workplace. See Electrical Testing Legislation page.
- A demonstration to your insurance company that you have taken “reasonable care” to prevent loss.
- Safety certificates that we supply can be displayed at your reception and staffroom.
- Total appliance safety within your budget. We will provide an exact quote for your site.
Q. Why is it important to test?
We come across dangerous appliances every day in schools and businesses. According to the NZ Energy Safety Service’s electrical accident reports, over a 1-year period…
- Appliances (10 accidents) and power lines (8 accidents) were the major contributors to fatal electrical accidents.
- 125 electrical accidents caused injury to 134 people.
- About 40% of the appliance and installation accidents and 20% of total accidents were due to a lack of maintenance.
“This highlights the need for electrical safety and is why appliance testing is so important,” says Bruce Gordon.
It pays to test.
Q. What needs to be tested?
All electrical appliances that use a plug (2-pin or 3-pin) to connect to the power supply.
Q. How to test?
In accordance with the NZS 3760 Standard.
Q. How often to test?
Between 3-monthly and 5-yearly depending on the environment the appliance is in. Here is an indication of the maximum interval between tests…
Before use in any workplace…
- Any new or untagged appliance: Before use in any workplace.
- Building sites
- Hire equipment
- Cleaning equipment
- Work areas
- Public areas of rest homes
- All other areas not mentioned
- Residential areas of rest homes
- Some office and protected appliances (otherwise 1 yearly)
To enquire about our test & tag service…
To give you the best service available and if you are not satisfied, we’ll put it right free.
Free download of electrical safety booklet:
A guide to living safely with electricity (PDF, 544 KB)
Click link to open in new tab; right click to download.
Click here to download the AS/NZS 3760 PDF. N.B. This is NOT a FREE DOWNLOAD. If you are looking for NZS 3760 free download, we regret to inform you that Standards New Zealand sell the NZS 3760 PDF for $81.90 +GST. If you’re into it like we are though, it’s well worth the money.
Free energy safety info
WorkSafe is the regulator for ensuring the safe supply and use of electricity and gas in New Zealand. Their website https://worksafe.govt.nz/topic-and-industry/energy-safety/ contains comprehensive electrical safety information.
Comply Guy – the test and tag NZ specialists!
Download our free Little Test & Tag Fact Book »