for ICT Infrastructure Projects
We design, install, test and repair structured data cabling for ICT infrastructure projects. All our builds comply with the latest New Zealand standards.
Data cabling services carried out by Comply Guy include…
- Cat 5e/6/6a data cabling
- Patch panel supply and installation
- Fault finding and repairs
- Fibre optic installations and fault finding
We can design, build, install and test structured data cabling for your ICT infrastructure project. We install all types of communications and data cabling, from Category 5e/6/6a systems to optical fibre systems.
We install data cabling for a multitude of applications from simple home or office networks through to Wi-Fi access for large New Zealand businesses.
Need help with an ICT infrastructure project? Phone now…
Cat 5e data cabling
Category 5e cable, commonly referred to as Cat 5e (the “e” stands for enhanced), is a twisted pair cable for computer networks.
Most Cat 5 cables are unshielded and rely on the balanced line twisted pair design and differential signalling to reduce crosstalk (the unwanted transfer of signals from other pairs). The use of balanced lines results in a good signal-to-noise ratio despite interference from external sources or crosstalk from other pairs.
Cat 5e data cable is used in many residential and commercial wired applications for Gigabit Ethernet, and is the slowest cable you should use for a new Ethernet setup.
- Cat 5e cable provides transmission bandwidth of up to 100 MHz.
- Cat 5e cable is used for Fast Ethernet (100 megabits per second) and Gigabit Ethernet (1 gigabit per second) applications over a cable distance of up to 100 metres.
- Power can be carried over Cat 5e cable in addition to Ethernet data – known as “Power over Ethernet” (PoE).
- Cat 5e cable can also be used to carry telephony and video signals.
- In some cases, multiple signals can be carried on a single Cat 5e cable, e.g. two conventional telephone lines as well as Fast Ethernet.
- The main advantage of Cat 5e cable is its lower cost.
- Cat 5e cable has lower performance characteristics than Cat 6/6a.
Cat 6 data cabling
Category 6 cables are wound more tightly with a nylon spline and shielding to further reduce crosstalk and interference.
- Cat 6 cable provides transmission bandwidth of up to 250 MHz.
- Cat 6 cable is used for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 Gbps) applications over a cable distance of up to 55 metres.
- The performance (transmission bandwidth) of Cat 6 cable is 2.5 times greater than Cat 5e.
- Cat 6 cable provides for 10 Gigabit Ethernet compared to Cat 5e’s Gigabit Ethernet.
- The wires in Cat 6 cable are stiffer, making them more difficult to bend and more difficult to terminate.
- Cat 6 cable is more more expensive than Cat 5e cable.
Cat 6a data cabling
Category 6a cable, commonly referred to as Cat 6a (or Augmented Category 6), requires a new generation of connectors offering far superior performance.
Cat 6a cabling is recommended for those wanting to future proof the network. The goal here is for the network to outlast the peripherals attached to the network.
- Cat 6a cable provides transmission bandwidth of up to 500 MHz.
- Cat 6a cable is used for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 Gbps) applications over a cable distance of up to 100 metres.
- Cat 6a cables are often shielded, which makes them ideal for industrial use.
- The main advantage of Cat 6a cable over Cat 6 is its increased maximum cable length of 100 metres.
- The performance (transmission bandwidth) of Cat 6a cable is also double that of Cat 6 and five times greater than Cat 5e.
- The wires in Cat 6a cable are stiffer, making them more difficult to bend and more difficult to terminate.
- Cat 6a cable is more expensive than Cat6 cable.
Optical fibre cabling
Optical fibre cabling is used for 10 Gigabit Ethernet installations. OM3 fibre optic cabling can carry 10 Gigabit Ethernet 300 metres using low-cost 10GBASE-SR (“short range”) optics.
Our technicians are competent in the installation of all types of fibre optic cabling, from a simple lead or Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) module to a backbone link to your warehouse comms cabinet and apartment UFB cabling.
Enquire about our data cabling service…